Friday, February 08, 2008

Not at all happy

Not only is that back tooth broken and needs a root canal, the dentist showed me three or four other teeth that are cracked (they had this cool camera that took pictures of my teeth and then showed them to me on a computer screen. Kind of gross, actually. No one should look at their teeth that closely). Not only that, but I have at least two fillings that need to be replaced. Which only proves we had a lousy dentist and were right to switch to this new one.

So Monday morning I go for the root canal, and we'll see from there. Oh, and did I mention that all of this is coming out of our pocket? By the time my dental work, Hubby's work and the kids' work gets done, we will have spent almost three times what we spent on our Disney trip. And that's before I take the older two boys for the consult with the orthodontist.

My mom told me once that her father had all his teeth pulled and got false teeth. At the time, I thought that was a little strange. Now, I kind of get it.

2 comments:

  1. Ariel's dad was facing kind of what you are, and had all his teeth pulled. He's young, 30, and said it was the best, most cost effective thing he's ever done!
    Good luck hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear - I can't imagine. I hate that you are going through this.....

    ReplyDelete