Thursday, February 07, 2008

Anything but that

I have a dentist appointment today. It's the first one I've had since I had my crown put in last year. I never used to be afraid of the dentist, but I've been having the same type of pain in a different tooth, and I'm terrified of another root canal. Specifically, I'm scared of the complications. That was the worst pain I have ever had in my entire life. And the really annoying part was that I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't neglect my teeth, or skip checkups or anything. I just had a cracked filling. And that's what this other tooth feels like.

If it is a cracked filling, and they do discover that the nerve is exposed like last time, I think I'd rather they just pull it. Either that, or give me a prescription for pain meds up front. I will not go through another weekend of agony.

3 comments:

  1. You had me shuddering at the word dentist. I had a crown without the root canal (on my knees being thankful).

    I currently have another cracked tooth. It will need a crown at some point but thankfully its been cracked for a year and no pain (down on my knees being thankful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did my last comment go through? Do I need to resend it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you get to feeling better hun, and I hope you don't have any exposed nerves!!!

    ReplyDelete