Monday, February 25, 2008

The testosterone has kicked in

Fake Quote of the Day:
"Everybody's got to grow up sometime." - P. Pan
We were in Home Depot the other day picking up a couple of things. My eight-year-old was with me, and kept asking if we could go to the tool department. This was unusual. Usually, he would be asking when we were leaving. So I gave him a questioning look. And he grinned up at me with those adorable brown eyes and said, "I don't know why, but for some reason I've really started to like Home Depot."

"It's because you're male," I said with a sigh. And so it begins.

5 comments:

  1. Ohno. It does start young, doesn't it!

    Well - I took my daughter to the Gymboree outlet and she literally squealed in delight and said, "OOOh, I LOVE that dress." And I thought to myself - Oh no, I've turned her into a shopping whore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's just scary.

    Ummmm, everytime your page loads I think about those Martha Stewart pumpkins where she stuck the string of lights inside it (tell me you know what I'm talking about)...is that what those orange things are supposed to be? Lights in a pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karmyn - aw, that's cute! I didn't like shopping until I was a grown-up.

    TKW - Um, ?????? I try to avoid Martha Stewart so I have no clue, but the orange things are coffee cups, and the white things are just starburst decoration thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it now!!! I see it now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete