Monday, January 23, 2006

If you have a second

Please say a prayer for my grandmother who was having breast cancer surgery this morning. This is her third surgery, and the doctor is hoping it will be the last. She was diagnosed in October, and my whole little world changed. She is a very strong person and I have no doubt she will pull through with flying colors. I'm just not willing to accept the idea of mortality for her, not yet. My parents are down in Florida with her, so I'm sure I will hear from them later on.

Meanwhile, I have to go to a dinner and meeting at church tonight. The pastor asked me yesterday if I could come sing the same song I sang yesterday morning. He found someone to watch the kids for me so I could come. And the dinner is free, so I can't complain. Oh, did I mention hubby is out of town all week? While you're praying, you might want to throw in a good word for me and my sanity. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jana, I'm going through the same thing with my grandparents. I am so not prepared for the next phase and being mine are in their late 80's, it is just around the corner.

    I will keep you and your sanity in my prayers.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete