Wednesday, January 18, 2006

WBW - What was I thinking?

The Kept Woman wanted to see something this week that seemed like a good idea at the time, but in retrospect, eh, not so good. So here is my entry:

There are so many "what-was-I-thinking" things in this picture it's hard to know where to start. Okay, let's start with the obvious. I had some friends over and we were doing goofy things for the camera. The horn I'm pretending to play used to hang on my parents' living room wall along with a baritone, both of them spray-painted gold (that might be a what-was-I-thinking for my parents). Anyway, it was a real horn, but had no mouthpiece. So though I do play French horn, I was not playing this one. Also, notice the way my cheeks are all puffed out - definitely not the proper technique, unless you're Dizzy Gillespie, and he didn't play French horn.

Next we have the shirt. I picked up that little beauty in Ocean City, MD. What you can't see in this picture is that the entire back is the same mesh material as that triangle on the front bottom. I suspect this might have been a beach cover-up but I wore it as a shirt, with a black t-shirt underneath. Clearly, I was not on the cutting edge of fashion.

Finally, let's look at my hair. See how short it is? Well, it used to be down past my waist. Then, I met Beth. She was cute and popular and I thought she was being nice to me. She told me how great I would look with short hair. It wasn't until I saw the movie Mean Girls that I realized what she was really doing. And I cut it all off. It was short, like boy short. Needless to say, it didn't get me in with the in crowd. Here, it has grown out a bit, but I still cringe when I see pics of me with short hair.

So, did you play?

2 comments:

  1. LOL - It's amazing the details one can remember looking at a photograph.

    Sorry about your hair. How awful :p

    ReplyDelete