Monday, January 02, 2006

What will the new year hold?

I found myself having flashbacks to my first few months of marriage the other night. Hubby had a big project due at work and he asked me to help him, so we sat in the schoolroom (which is the only room in the house providing both workspace and a locking door) all day New Year's Eve, while his mom and brother watched the kids. I used to do the same thing with him when he was studying. He still had a semester of college left when we got married. I would sit with him and quiz him on metallurgy and welding and all kinds of stuff I knew very little about (although by the time we finished, I felt like I could've taken the tests for him, and passed!). It was a tough time, but fun too. And I got my PHT - that's Puttin' Hubby Through. I'm reminded of that every Christmas when I put my PHT ornament on the tree, which I got from the Student Wives' Club (yes, there were so many of us they had a club).

So, if that old bit of wisdom holds true which say that whatever you are doing at midnight on New Year's Eve is representative of what the year will hold, then this is what my new year will hold:
  • struggles to reach deadlines
  • lots of hard work
  • lots of time with hubby, alone (yes!)
  • time to read (because there were times he didn't need my immediate help and I read a whole 300 page novel in one day!)
  • laughter
  • love

Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment