Friday, January 06, 2006

SPF - Before and After

Well, this week, Kristine has asked to see BEFORE, AFTER, and your new favorite thing. I kind of combined the three into two. Anyone who knows me knows that I love coffee. A day without coffee is a day I might as well stay in bed. I make three pots a day (Hubby drinks some of that - I'm not that bad!). I like my coffee strong and black, and it has to have a nice rich coffee flavor to it. I grind my own beans, but I don't stick with any particular kind. This morning I'm drinking a combination of Marques de Paiva Organic and Bay Area Coffee's Hawaiian blend hazelnut flavored, both bought at Sam's Club.

This is the coffee maker BEFORE adding the coffee and water this morning.

This is AFTER the coffee has finished brewing.

And in case you hadn't guessed, my coffee maker is my new favorite thing. My grandmother got it for me for Christmas. It has a timer, it beeps so I know the coffee's ready, it shuts off after two hours (see the little green circle? That's counting out the two hours), and then it beeps again to tell me it's turning off. You can set it to strong or regular brew. It also has its own water filter and a cleaning cycle, plus you can adjust the temperature of the warming plate if you don't like your coffee too hot. And my favorite thing is that the pot doesn't drip when you pour. My old one used to run all over the floor when it was full and I tried to pour it.

So there you have it! Did you play? If not, what is your new favorite thing?

1 comment: