Wednesday, January 11, 2006

WBW - My 15 minutes

The Kept Woman, aka Mama Duck, wants to see us hogging the spotlight. And boy am I good at that! Many Wednesdays ago, I shared a picture of me in the school talent show, but that was far from the beginning of my attention-grabbing days.

Here I am on television. I was nine at the time, and some people from my school had been chosen to be on this local game show called "Heads Up." I'm the one on the end, in the striped shirt. Strangely enough, one of my friends wore the exact same shirt that day. Anyway, I played a memory game. I didn't win, but I was the last one eliminated, so I guess that's not too bad. And I've always remembered what that last picture was: a campfire.


Here I am singing a solo in a church production called "Down by the Creekbank," hence the cute overalls and bare feet. I was ten. I sang a song called "Senses" all about the five senses. Don't you think they could have disguised that stool in front of me as a hollow log or something? It kind of destroys the illusion.


And here I am in costume for a play I did my senior year of college. I played the wife of a political prisoner who had been repeatedly raped and beaten by the guards in a cheery little piece called "One for the Road." Gotta love stage makeup. I have to say I had great fun walking around campus like that, though. I think I scared one of my professors half to death.

So there you have it - me, me and me! Tune in tomorrow for more about me (and hubby - I promised you some courtship stories)!

Did you play?

1 comment:

  1. Que buen blog ... un gran saludo desde Chile y visita mi blog www.warketing.blogspot.com

    Sergio Gajardo

    ReplyDelete