Friday, April 28, 2006

It's Friday and I have nothing prepared.

I was all set to do SPF this morning and my camera battery died. So while it's charging up, I thought I'd just do a regular-type post.

Problem is, I can't think of anything to write about. See, I usually decide before I go to sleep what I'm going to blog in the morning, because I know my morning pre-coffee brain is not capable. Well, it is, but it tends to be really difficult about it.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do around here. Parents' ETA is either Monday or Tuesday, so that gives me the weekend. I'm going to need it. My basement, especially, is a disaster.

Last night we were at Lowe's buying some stuff to make shelves. They have carts there that look like the Lowe's NASCAR car. So, the boys were racing it up and down the lumber aisle. At one point, the one pushing it tried to turn and the whole thing tipped over! The two middle boys were thrown out, and the baby, who was strapped in, was just hanging there sideways. Once I saw everyone was okay, I just had to laugh. Why would you put a race car on a shopping cart?

School is chugging right along. Caleb has been doing lots of fun science experiments out a book I got him. Science experiments tend to work better when I just let the kids do them. The other day, I tried to show Caleb that if you measure the mass of a cup of trail mix, and then you measure the raisins, the nuts, etc. separately, the separate measurements will add up to the whole one. It did not. Together, it measured at 42 grams. Separately, it measured 37 grams. How is that possible? Seriously, how??

Well, onward and upward. Lots of stuff to do today. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete