Thursday, April 20, 2006

No surgery required

Now that the baby's down to nursing once a day, I decided it was time to ditch the nursing bras and buy some regular ones. We were at Wal-Mart, and I steered the family toward the women's clothing area.

Since my boys are all too young to be embarrassed by bra shopping with their mother, they were eager to help. I asked them to look for my size, and for the two who can read I asked them to look for cotton. Eventually, I came away with two new bras and a sports bra for sleeping in.

That night, I put on my new sports bra and pajama pants and began my nightly rituals. As I stood brushing my teeth, Isaac (3) came in.

"Mommy, are those your new ones?" he asked, pointing at my chest.

I choked on the toothpaste. "What?"

Getting closer, he poked me in the sports bra. "Are those your new ones?"

Trying not to laugh, I said, "Oh, yes, this is one of my new ones."

Satisfied, he turned to go. Suddenly, I realized the embarrassment to come if I didn't say something. "Isaac?" I said.

He turned back. "What?"

"Please don't go around telling people, 'Mommy got new ones.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment