Thursday, March 09, 2006

Congratulations - glad it's not me!

Two of my blogging friends have recently announced their pregnancies! Go say congrats to Trinity and Diana! This will be the second baby for both of them. And go say hi to Spikey, as well. His wife has less than 10 weeks to go!

You know, when I was pregnant with #4, I was planning on being permanently done having babies. Then at the last minute, I changed my mind. I couldn't stand the thought of knowing that this was it for me. And being prone to depression anyway, I thought it best to avoid any irreversible decisions.

Well, now that I'm hearing about all these new babies, I realize something. I never, that's N.E.V.E.R., want to do that again. I am done, finished, that's all she wrote. I couldn't do the whole pregnancy thing again. And even if by some miracle I had a completely wonderful pregnancy, the first few months of no sleep and middle-of-the-night feedings no longer hold any appeal for me. Since I am currently dealing with a 15 month old who's into everything, I am remembering how much I dislike that. I'm looking forward to when they're all old enough to remember not to pull things out of the trashcan. My two older boys are so much easier to deal with than the little ones. That's just where I am in my life. It's time for me to move on.

So best wishes to all the expectant parents out there. I wish you an uneventful nine months and a happy and healthy baby. Enjoy! As for me, I'm taking the bookmark out of that page in my life and going to the next chapter.

1 comment: