Wednesday, March 01, 2006

WBW - Breakin' the rules

The Kept Woman has put up a real challenge this week, because even if I were willing to admit that I broke the law, I did not really think to take a picture of it. But I finally chose this picture, in which I am not breaking the law but definitely breaking a rule of some sort, I'm sure.

Oh, yes, there is a story here.

My family went to Epcot when I was 16, and there was this troupe of comedians who did a show periodically throughout the day in the Italy area. It was really funny, and my brother and I came back for a second show. At that point, these two guys, Randy and Dave, sort of adopted me to pick on because they remembered me from before. Okay, they probably thought I was cute, and I thought the same of them. Anyway, I hung around talking to them for a while after the show. Then Dave left and it was just Randy (and no jokes about his name - I get it).

Now, here's where the rules thing comes in. First rule broken: I was keeping a 'cast member' away from whatever he was supposed to be doing, and out of character at that! Well, my brother had bought this rubber lizard and he got bored with me standing there talking, so he threw it at me. I caught it in my big straw sunhat, which I am holding above. Randy thought this was hysterical for some reason. He took the lizard and tossed it at me again. I caught it in the hat.

Now it was a game. He had me back up and see if I could catch it again. Suddenly, we were doing an act. He was announcing the ancient Italian sport of lizard tossing, and people were gathering around. Pretty soon we had a huge crowd who applauded every time I caught the lizard. Randy was making up this whole story about the ancient Romans tossing lizards at each other, I was laughing hysterically, and I kept catching the lizard over and over. Eventually we got far enough away from each other that I missed. The crowd applauded and dispersed.

I am relatively sure that Disney does not want people spontaneously making up acts in the middle of one of their parks. I am also pretty sure that someone, somewhere, still believes the ancient Romans tossed lizards for fun.

So that's me, breakin' the rules! Did you play?

EDITED TO ADD: No we didn't make out later, though I tried to convince him to give me a personal tour of the park. But he did invite me to try out for the improv theater he worked for. And if I had been 18, I so would have!

No comments:

Post a Comment