Wednesday, March 08, 2006

WBW - Head gear

This week, The Kept Woman has asked for photos of head wear mistakes of the past. Now, I was never one for lots of decoration on my head. In fact, I only managed to find one example of hair accessories I used to wear. I know there are more; they must be in my parents' albums. So anyway, here it is:

When I was eleven or so, I wore this type of barrette in my hair pretty much every day. They were regular metal barrettes, through which were braided ribbons of various colors. Most of mine had two colors, in this case red and white. At the end of the ribbons, little beads or other decorations were tied. I had a couple of them with feathers. Wish I had that picture to show! Anyway, I had a pair of these to match every outfit in my closet. My mom and I used to make them as needed. I don't know if these were in fashion anywhere else. Do you remember anyone wearing these? Let me know, I'm curious.

And if you played, let me know that, too, and I'll stop by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you look liked my little sister. Freaky.

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED those barrettes...I too had an entire army in every color combination imagineable...

    Sweet...

    ReplyDelete