Friday, March 31, 2006

SPF - Coming clean

This week Kristine has asked to see the following:

My washer and drier:

Nothing terribly exciting here. We got the washer when we moved into our apartment in Shreveport, Louisiana, so that would make it almost 13 years old. The drier we didn't get until my oldest son was born almost ten years ago, because I just couldn't see hanging laundry all the time with a newborn. Both have had the odd part replaced, but on the whole have been very reliable. All those boxes on the drier? Only one is detergent. The rest are all for getting rid of stains, making things whiter, etc. With 4 boys, yes, I need that much stuff.

My robe:
I haven't been able to find my robe since we moved here two years ago, and I just can't make myself buy a new one when I know I have a perfectly good one around here somewhere. My room is only two steps from the bathroom, anyway, so it's not like I really need it.

A flower:

This is the stencil painted all the way around my dining room by the former owners of the house. I just love it. And my grandmother brought me this ceramic butterfly from Mexico, which I think looks just perfect perched there on the flowers.

So, that's it! Did you play?

7 comments:

  1. Aww, cute stencil!

    Thanks for visiting, and happy SPF :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your flower! 4 boys=lots of laundry!
    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some seriously detailed flowers. I agree, the butterfly looks great.

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got you beat on the washer/dryer (my set is almost 18 years old and still going strong). Love that butterfly, incredible detail.

    Happy SPF, I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool butterfly. and i'm glad to hear washer/dryers can last so long.

    i played.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I use tons of stain stuff too.

    I played!

    ReplyDelete