Monday, March 20, 2006

First day of Spring

According to my calendar, today is the first day of spring. How can that be? We haven't had winter yet!

Seriously, what happened to winter this year? We got 15 inches of snow. Total. And most of that was before Christmas! You know the big storm that covered the northeast? It missed us. We got about two inches. Apparently, we live in some sort of hole here, some sort of snow-repelling vortex.

In case you couldn't tell, I like snow. And I look forward to it every year. If it doesn't come, I feel cheated. I spent the whole first winter after we got married missing the snow. It seems Texas doesn't get a lot. Then we went to visit my parents in Maryland. Remember the blizzard of '93? Yeah, that's when it hit. Which I guess is what I get for saying I missed snow so much. But I loved it!

So they're predicting snow here for tonight and tomorrow. Winter's last hurrah before the weather warms up, the buds begin to bloom, and the birds begin to nest. Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment