Thursday, September 21, 2006

eter i er icked a eck of ickled e ers

This com uter's got a non-working key. Can you guess which one it is? It's between the I and the [ on the keyboard, and I can't write a decent ost wihout it.

Why am I using my old la to , when I have a new one less than three months old? Well, I killed the screen on my new one. I am absolutely sick about it. I knocked it off a table, and just like that, half the screen was blank. I think I cried for an hour, not because of the thing itself, but because I felt so stu id. It was com letely my fault. Now any money I get for my birthday is going to go toward a new screen, which is $250. Even on ebay, it's $250. That's robably my Christmas money, too.

Of course, in the meantime I can hook my new la to to a regular monitor and still use it, but that kind of defeats the whole ur ose of a mobile com uter as far as long term use goes. I use my com uter for teaching the boys and for watching DVDs on long tri s and it's not nearly as useful if it's anchored in one lace.

So, I'll be going to my deskto after this ost, because obviously having no letter between O and Q is sort of useless. I'm de ressed.

1 comment:

  1. The Duckling once ripped the Shift key and it's under-parts off the keyboard...I won't go into the dishonesty I had to use with my computer company to get a new keyboard.

    I'm pretty sure that will come up at the Pearly Gates.

    ReplyDelete