Monday, September 25, 2006

Our field trip

I've been so busy, I haven't posted pictures from our trip to the Maryland Science Center. So here they are!
This is a cloud generator. The boys loved finding out what it would be like to touch a cloud.
Sitting in a dinosaur's footprint! This one was made by one of the dinosaurs which were indigenous to Maryland - but don't ask me its name, I don't remember!
Everyone enjoyed the bed of nails. I even took a turn on it. It actually felt really nice on my back - I may have one installed.
All three of the boys tried on astronaut's flight suits. I'm pretty sure they would have worn them out of the museum if they could've.
This is a tornado they had running. Periodically it would disappear, then it would start up again. The boys had fun seeing how they could "break" it apart with their hands or breath and it would still reform.

I hadn't been to the Science Center since I was in high school. It's changed a lot. I only saw a few things I remembered. There's tons of hands-on stuff to do, and we didn't even see the planetarium or Imax. I don't know if it's worth the admission price, but for free it was definitely worth visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment