Tuesday, September 12, 2006

First day of co-op

Normally, I post by 9 a.m., but this morning, we had to get up and out of the house by 8:45 to get to my homeschool co-op. I am on the committee now, and I had to be there early to help set up. Thankfully, my parents were here and helped me get everyone up and moving. We were actually there on time!

I am teaching a class called Knights & Castles, which I did two years ago and everyone loved it. Today, we built little models of a motte and bailey castle. The kids are all 6-8 years old, so I try to do a lot of hands-on stuff with them. Everyone's favorite week will probably be when we build a block castle and try to knock it down with a catapult.

I was just thinking this morning about what I might teach next spring, and it hit me: I bet a class on pirates would go over big! I'm going to start researching that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment