Monday, December 26, 2005

Chaos and destruction

My house is a little frightening right now. Less than a week ago, it was spotless. Everything put away (or hidden away), the countertops clean, the floors (mostly) spotless. Even the boys' room was clean enough you could actually walk across it without stepping on something. Now? Not so much.

Remnants of wrapping paper float across the floor like little green and red tumbleweeds. Pieces of "some assembly required" toys form a trail across the floor. Lego arms and legs are strewn everywhere like the result of some dreadful Lego land mine. Not to mention the food and drink that was spilled on the floor at some point during the festivities, though I do have to say the dog and cat did a pretty good job of cleaning all that up.

Yes, the Christmas carnage is everywhere. But the boys are happily playing with their new toys, coffee is brewing in my new coffee maker, and hubby is home from work. It's 10:35 and I'm just now getting around to blogging, which means I've been able to sleep in. I'd say all the destruction is worth it.

Happy Boxing Day! (What is Boxing Day, anyway?)

4 comments:

  1. boxing day? maybe it's a reference to what happens when you get your whole family together and everyone has a bit too much to drink?

    hehe anyway, happy holidays hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God I am not alone!!! Next year, remind me not to clean my house for Christmas. What is the point?!? LOL!

    They are all enjoying it, along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on sleeping in!!! How nice!

    I'm glad you had a very merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stranger - yes, that must be it!

    Chris - I had to clean - my parents and grandmother came over. Otherwise, I would've totally let the housework slide until after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete