Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Narnia!

We just got home from seeing The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I must say I was very impressed. Everything was just as I had pictured it when I read the book. The children liked it, too. I was afraid Joshua and Isaac would be scared at some of the more intense scenes in the movie, but they were fine. They both really enjoyed it, and Joshua gave it a "When that comes out on DVD, I want to buy it!" which is his equivalent of two thumbs up! I probably would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have a squirmy one year old on my lap, but oh well.



I thought the four children were perfectly cast. Lucy and Edmund were just wonderful. And Tilda Swinton, who played the White Witch, was the perfect blend of charming and evil. The boys loved the talking animals, especially the beavers (which are the first talking animals we see in the movie). Isaac kept saying, "They talk!"



I would highly recommend this movie, especially to anyone who has read the book. It remains very true to the original text and nothing major is added or taken away. I really enjoyed it.

4 comments:

  1. Movie? What is that? You mean with popcorn watching a flick for 2 hours without kids??? huh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure if my 3 year old would be scared or not. But it sounds like your boys loved it, so I might have to reconsider taking my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spikey - well, it was more like 2 1/2 hours, no popcorn, and four kids.

    Trinity - yes, he might like it; my 3 1/2 year old really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely can't wait to see this movie. My dad read me the books when I was little and I'm so excited I could pee. :) Happy to know they did it justice!

    ReplyDelete