Thursday, December 01, 2005

Pictures from Busch Gardens

Here are some pictures from our trip to Busch Gardens yesterday. We had a great time, and Caleb rode on his first upside-down roller coaster! I was so proud of him - he even kept his eyes open most of the ride! We just barely managed to rescue Caleb from the jaws of this hippo. It could have swallowed him whole. That is, if it had been real.
Isaac and Joshua study the map to find the next ride they want to go on. They have to do this while Caleb is on one of the bigger rides because he is the official navigator and becomes incensed if anyone but him looks at a map.
This is Sheikra, the newest coaster in the park. That hill is ninety degrees straight down. "The only way down is face down" says the commercial. The car has eight seats across. The first time I rode it, I was all the way in the left seat of the front row. I got to the top of that hill and looked down and there was just nothing beneath me at all. I remember saying, "This was a bad idea!" However, it was an awesome ride! I went on it twice more.

World's most adorable baby dinosaur! That thing he's holding is the empty cup in which I sampled some non-alcoholic beer. He had to have that cup. You can't see the big Anheuser Busch eagle on it, but it's there. The funny part of this is that he was walking around with the cup, still very much the beginning walker, wobbling and falling down all over the place. I turned to someone nearby and said, "You see what happens when you give a one year old beer?" It was hysterical. Maybe you had to be there?

1 comment: