Thursday, December 29, 2005

Hand me a tissue somebody!

Last night, hubby and I watched The Notebook. I had been wanting to see it for a while and it was on cable. Anyway, all I can say is wow. I am emotionally drained after that.

Movies like this ought to have an additional warning. You know at the beginning when they tell you it's rated PG-13 for sex or language or whatever? Well, there should also be a tear-factor rating.

T-1: People who cry at commercials will probably cry at this movie.
T-2: Mild tear-jerking scenes.
T-3: Bring a tissue.
T-4: Bring a box of tissue.
T-5: Gut-wrenching sobs. Even the men will shed a tear during this movie.

I would give The Notebook a definite T-5 rating. Do Not see this movie without at least one box of tissue and someone to hold your hand. Definitely never watch this movie when you're PMSing.

If anyone knows who to lobby to get the tear rating system implemented, let me know. We have got to warn people about movies like this!

2 comments:

  1. I cried in Titanic so I may need 2 boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rate Titanic a T-5 also. I had just about stopped crying when Jack died, and then they're reunited in the ship after death. Then they hit you with that Celine Dion song. I was a wreck!

    ReplyDelete