Tuesday, December 06, 2005

PVSD

There must be a syndrome called Post-Vacation Stress Disorder.



For the first few days after I get home from a trip, I feel shell-shocked. Is this really what I was doing every single day of my life before we left for a week and a half? All this cleaning and laundry and dishes and having to come up with three meals a day. Aye aye aye.



The kids feel it, too. Schoolwork, schmoolwork. Let's play all day like we did last week. Let's stay up until midnight.



And on top of that, you have the stress of unpacking. Unpacking is my least favorite part of travel. After hauling everything in from the car and dumping it in the kitchen, it all has to be sorted through and put away. I hate that.



So you'll forgive me if I seem a little dazed and out of it for a few days. My body is in Pennsylvania but my brain stayed in Florida.

1 comment:

  1. Unpacking is MY least favorite chore but very close to dusting.

    I love to pack for a trip. Unpacking is a different story. I have many times in the past made the mistake of just leaving the unpacked bags on the bedroom floor for a week before dealing with it. (after extracting toothbrushes, toothpaste and other essential items) NOW - I force myself to do it first thing, and it seems to help me get back into the swing of things.

    We work hard. We work awfully hard. There is so much to do and school on top of it. It's strange when you get away from it for awhile - you forget how it was somehow...(I'm not making any sense am I??!!LOL!)

    ReplyDelete