Wednesday, December 21, 2005

WBW, Christmas-y

This week The Kept Woman wants to see anything Christmas-y from our past. I have a great one.

When I was a kid, every Christmas these friends of my parents would have a party, and sometime during the party, the doorbell would ring, and in would come Santa, Frosty and Rudolph. It was always so exciting! I think I am 10 in this picture, and still just as happy to sit on Santa's lap (even though I knew it was some friend of theirs in a costume). It was a great tradition. After telling Santa what we wanted, and each child receiving a small gift from him (which naturally he brought in a sack), we would all join hands with the three characters and dance around in a circle, while the lady of the house played "Frosty the Snowman" on the piano and everyone sang along. Great memories.

So, what are your great Christmas memories?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is great. Never saw that before! Great memories indeed.

    (I played sort of)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or is that Frosty huge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic picture!!

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! What a sweet memory :)

    I loved waking up early in the morning with my little sister to sneak down the stairs and get our first peak on Christmas morning. When we'd see the stockings bulging and the tree lit and piled with presents we'd run back up the stairs and wake everyone. My parents were always so tired and tell us we could open our stockings while they got ready to come down. I savored each little thing in my stocking and I loved seeing my parents come down in their pajamas - my dad in his maroon colored robe - hair deshelved and thick glasses on. (He usually wore contacts, so it was strange to see him in his glasses. This was reserved for very early mornings.) My parents would sit on the couch drinking their coffee while the smell of cinnamon buns baking wafted through the air and we'd take turns opening presents. I loved being the one to hand each person one with their name on it.


    ... Ah! Thanks for bringing up Christmas memories. I feel so warm and fuzzy after typing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a GREAT picture and a totally coll tradition! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the C-mas my dad had our first camcorder...he taped our entire C-mas morning! We now I have a 2 hour tape of my siblings and I opening and playing with our presents...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori - yes, Frosty was freakishly large

    Sherry - they're 9, 6, 3 and 1

    Tee - thanks for sharing that!

    Trin - my dad is a total shutter junkie. He video taped every Christmas morning from 1981 on! It's great you have that treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete