Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A-camping we will go!

You know how sometimes you say something and you're just thinking out loud really, and then someone else takes what you said and runs with it? I mentioned to Hubby that I had been thinking a camper would be fun, maybe a fifth wheel or something we could pull with his truck. Next thing I know, we're looking at pop-up campers on Ebay, and now we've got one!

I should point out that camping was unknown to me growing up. "Camping" with my parents was in an RV, with all the conveniences. "Camping" for Hubby and his family was in a tent with no conveniences (though they traveled with a pop-up before I knew him). So this is a nice medium. We have sleeping space for six, we have a gas stove and a refrigerator, and even a furnace if it's cold outside. Best of all, it pulls behind our minivan (Or will when the tow kit gets here), so we don't have to go hunting for an extended cab truck just yet.

I am really excited because I think this will allow us to travel more, and I love to travel. Hotel costs have gotten so ridiculous, we barely ever go anywhere. Not to mention the frustration of trying to get four boys to be quiet in a hotel room to keep from annoying anyone nearby.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE travel trailer camping!! You guys are going to have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great pop up and LOVED it - but I had to sell it when we moved to MN. Couldn't pull the boat and the camper - the boat won. So now we are back to tent camping.....

    ReplyDelete