Monday, July 02, 2007

Read together

I think reading together is one of the most exciting things you can do with your children. Jennifer at Snapshot came up with this idea to read a book with your kids this summer. She explains it all here. Basically, the idea is to get to know your kids better, specifically teens and tweens, by reading what they read, and then discussing it. When you're done, write a post about the experience. There are even prizes to be had!

So if you're interested, head over to sign up. Then, pick a book and start reading!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, FIRST!!! WOOT!!!

    okay, I'm over it. All is calm. lol.

    I think this is a wonderful idea. Hope everyone gives it a chance. The teenager & I have read all the Harry Potters together. Counting the days till the new one comes out....sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you know my struggle with Tink over this.If only I could just sit and read to her. Its getting better though! Someday I think she wills it through an entire book! I can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read, and I passed it on to my daughter, who even brought her book on vacation with us :-)

    ReplyDelete