Friday, July 06, 2007

What's cooking?

I have recently become somewhat enamored with watching Gordon Ramsay. The other night when I was doing my weight lifting, I turned on the tv and there he was, on Fox's Hell's Kitchen, making the losing team of chefs eat things like tongues and stomach lining. And I thought, "Oh, how great it would be if all bad chefs were forced to do that!"

Then I checked out my On Demand menu (a service from Comcast where you can watch thousands of different shows and movies anytime), and there he was on BBC America. This time, it was a show called Kitchen Nightmares, where he tries to help out a failing restaurant. It was absolutely unbelievable to me that the owners of these restaurants would not take his advice. One of them did, and guess what? His restaurant was succeeding! One decided to sue him (she lost and he was awarded a settlement), and one basically ignored him and continued to fail. I don't get that. This guy might be abrasive and vulgar, but when it comes to running a restaurant, he knows what he's doing. Why would you ignore his advice?


Now I see that Fox is going to have an American version of Kitchen Nightmares, set in US restaurants. That should be interesting.


The scariest thing about Gordon Ramsay is that he's only 4 years older than I am. If I look that old in 4 years, somebody get me to a plastic surgeon!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry sweetie, it's all that screaming & carrying on that makes him look old....you're good to go. LOL

    He is the most insulting vulger man around, but for some reason I can't get enough...what's wrong with ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ the previous comment. Gordon looks as old as he does because of the yelling (and the stress). I was blog hopping, visiting you via CWO. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete