Monday, July 16, 2007

Home again!

We had a wonderful weekend traveling with our new pop-up camper! I thought going eight hours in the car with screaming kids would be bad, but it was worse. No, just kidding. They were really good, for the most part. Hubby decided around midnight that we would drive the whole way instead of stopping, so we slept at a rest area for a couple of hours and then ended up getting to our destination early. Like 6 a.m. early. We went for breakfast at Waffle House and then found a really nice park where the kids could run on the playground until it was late enough we could check into the campground.

We spent the day at the Creation Museum, and then enjoyed the evening at the campground. I cooked burgers on our gas stove, and then we took the two little ones for a walk around the pond. I enjoyed it so much, I asked Hubby where we're going next weekend!

Yesterday was spent driving home, and we got here around midnight. I'm tired, but happy. I'll share more about the museum later in the week - I want to take time to think about it. Oh, and if you're wondering what happened to our big trip to Wisconsin and back, that's delayed again. It might be just Hubby going in August sometime. ((Sigh))

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It sounds like you had a blast. I can't wait to read about your impressions of the Creation museum. A VERY cool opportunity. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I know we would like to get a camper when the kids are a bit older. I'll have to see how your trips go!

    ReplyDelete