Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pics and a meme

Here's our camper all set up at the campsite Saturday evening. Notice the stove on the side, which I used to cook this tremendous feast:
And the weird thing was, I bought twelve burger patties thinking everyone would want two, and I think we had six left over. Everyone was just too tired to eat!! But what fun! I can't wait to do it again!

And now...
Tagged by Emom:
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Okay, here are my eight facts:
  1. I used to keep all my books in alphabetical order. Now, I'm trying to put them all in Dewey decimal system order so that when we're studying something, we can find it!

  2. I drink my coffee black. I used to add cream and sugar until I met my college roommate. She was a tiny little 4'11" girl and drank her coffee black, and I thought, "If she can do it, so can I."

  3. I have been on this diet for 14 months now and have lost 55 pounds.

  4. I love trying new foods, but unfortunately, my kids don't! So I usually stick to the same basic meals for dinner.

  5. I won the Bible I still use, a nice leather Scofield Reference Bible (KJV), by memorizing and then reciting 50 verses all at once. I was 13. I still know those verses.

  6. I took a drawing class my senior year of college and the professor wanted me to switch to an art major. He was disappointed when I told him I was a senior.

  7. I love Disney World and I would live there if I could. Not near there, but actually in the park.

  8. I play piano, French horn and recorder rather well, but I know how to play pretty much any non-stringed instrument because my Dad taught music.

Okay, so now I'm supposed to tag someone. Um, if I've never tagged you, tag, you're it!

4 comments:

  1. Jana! It was a nice surprise to see your comment and I'm so glad you did, because this post was so fun to read!
    Love your camper...now, that's what my family needs!
    And I loved reading those 8 facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a super-talented wonderwoman! Wow, artistic, musical, an accomplished reader, and thoughtful student of the Word. I had no idea... this was a great read. Thanks for playing along. Hugs!

    (What are your diet secrets? A 55-lb weight loss is AMAZING!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy - I would highly recommend a camper if you can find a good used one!

    Emom - Wonderwoman? Must be all that black coffee ;) I'll come to your place and give you a link to my diet posts.

    ReplyDelete