Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Do I have a crappy blog?

I recently came across the blog of a guy who surfs Blog Explosion for traffic like I do. This guy did a whole post about how most of the blogs on BE are crappy. He didn't think most people out there in the blogosphere are interesting, nor did he think they had anything to say worth sharing with the general population. He said he didn't care to read about people going out to get funnel cake with their moms or something like that. He then proceeded to explain how interesting he is (because I guess this wasn't self-evident), and then detail a trip of his own to get coffee at Starbucks.

Clearly, this guy is delusional, but it did make me think. Do I have a crappy blog? I mean, my parents love it, but they're a little biased. I think I'm pretty interesting, but I'm even more biased than they are. I know there are days when I'm not up to my top performance, but I'd say for doing 6 or more entries a week, my average is pretty good. I make a conscious effort to find something interesting to talk about every day. And even though I started this blog to keep family and friends informed about our lives, I also enjoy making observations about life in general and finding humor anywhere I can. I have not entered the Battle of the Blogs, however, because of this nagging feeling that I don't have what it takes.

So, if you are cruising through on BE, please take a minute to rate my blog so I can get an idea of where I can improve. And to my faithful readers, MWAH, big kisses, I love you! My dream has always been to be a writer people read, and you have helped make that dream come true!

8 comments:

  1. I know the guy you're talking about. Yep, he's a knucklehead. I couldn't even guess what he's like in person. But he seems to feel better by tearing others down. It's easy to do that when hidden behind the internet. The only response I have for that guy is: "Whatever."

    I like your blog. I didn't leave a comment but I'm a HUGE Seinfeld fan. We've taught our 3 1/2 year old son to say "You are SOOO good lookin'". It's hilarious. He's also picked up "These pretzels are making me thirsty!" I'm always relating real life to Seinfeld, much to the chagrin of some people I know. They just roll their eyes.

    If you need some more humor, I've put up some fun posts this week.

    /rambling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, I have yet to come across his blog surfing BE.. however, I am sure I would be a crappy blog! LOL!

    If you are going to say such things, maybe they shouldn't go into a post about starbucks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stop by here everyday. I guess that means that I am interested in what is going on in your blog. I truly enjoy reading it!

    As for that guy, some people are not interested in what they think is mundane. I, on the other hand, like reading about people who have lives similar to myself. I also like reading about people who are totaly opposite of myself. That is what is great about this world we live in. Everyone is different in their own special way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blog bites...LOL...I am kidding. Your blog is one of my "have" to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally..I love the everyday blogging of real everyday people..even if it's pets, puke, poop, kids and all..

    I don't think yours is crappy at all..visited you after you left a comment on mine and loved it..or was that my commenting on yours first? I don't remember.. LOL

    but i have you blogrolled and I've tagged you so don't you worry. :o)

    See my blog girlie..you've been tagged.. sorry but I had to do it so so do u. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all, you made my day! :)

    I totally agree - I love reading about other moms going through the same stuff I am. And if it's written with humor, I will keep coming back to read more!

    ReplyDelete