Friday, August 12, 2005

Self-Portrait Friday and other stuff

Katy's theme this week is something you do to relax. My favorite relaxing technique has always been to curl up in a comfy chair with a good book.
This is my favorite chair. I don't know how many sofas I sat on to find the perfect one, but this is it. Just the right amount of squishiness.


Sometimes the plot reveals a surprise.


And sometimes there is a shocking turn of events.


Often, I get so relaxed, I take a quick snooze. But the kids are never far away to wake me up.

And now, a gratuitous kitten picture.


"I heard tell of a mouse around here somewhere."

9 comments:

  1. LOL! Great pics! I love to curl up and read, too. The kitten is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read to relax...SOMETIMES. LOL, but not last night. heehee. I love the computer helper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just now getting back into reading books with no pictures of talking animals. Yay me!

    Happy SPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics. I have a spot on the couch I love to curl up and read too! BTW: Be careful with kitty around, mine chewed up the computer mouse cord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *squinting*
    wait, what is that you're reading?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good book always gets my eyes closing.
    Hey, I need that cat. I have been having trouble with mice. I have caught three mice in the last week. I think it is too hot outside, so they are coming inside for the air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could never enjoy reading a book if i'm not lying on my bed, or scooched down on the sofa... i need to be horizontal... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SuZan - We have a cordless mouse!

    Christie - The Prodigal by Beverly Lewis (#4 in the Abrams Daughters series)

    MilMom - My dad is offering the services of our neighbors' cat. He has a resume and everything.

    Xtessa - I start out vertical and end up horizontal, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reading is my favorite thing too! I usually retreat up to the bedroom with my books, and only when the toddler's asleep. No reading on the job for me, that's when he does things like dump out the entire salt shaker and start licking the salt off the table. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete