Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My Cuban Trip, Part 2

To go on this missions trip, I needed several things. First, I needed a passport. Mine was old (still had my maiden name on it, actually). If it took as long for me to get it as they say it could on the application, I would get it the day before we left.

Second, I needed someone to watch the boys. I thought about asking my parents because they were the only people I knew with relatively free schedules. They are retired and they live in a 40ft. motor coach. But I felt like this was a lot to ask and I hesitated.

Finally, I needed about $800. This was to cover the cost of the hotels, plane flights, and food for the week. I knew we didn't have more than $200 we could afford to chip in, so I was going to have to ask friends and family for money. I wasn't looking forward to that.

The passport part was easy. I just went and got a new picture and then headed over to the courthouse to file my paperwork. It arrived in only two weeks, which must be some kind of record.

The other two needs were answered prayer. I did not have to ask anyone for anything.

My parents called me one afternoon. Hubby had told them about the trip. He had not asked them to come watch the kids, either. But they were calling to offer. I couldn't believe it! Not only that, but my dad said he'd do Caleb's schoolwork with him!

My parents also told my grandmother about the trip. She is a wonderful lady who supports missions all over the world. She called me and offered to pay whatever my church didn't. Just like that.

If I had doubted Whose voice was telling me to go to Cuba, I didn't any more. God had opened the way for me to get there.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment