Thursday, August 18, 2005

Peter Pan and Bad Poetry

Yesterday, I met the lovely Tee and her boys for a free showing of the live-action film Peter Pan. I think we were both a little shy at first. After all, it's a little weird when you meet someone for the first time, but you already know a lot about them! We soon got to talking and laughing, though, and everything was cool. I think moms of boys just have a sort of instant understanding. And our boys got along right away. They all wanted to sit together in the theater, and Nick wanted them to come to his house after the movie!

The movie itself was really good. If you haven't seen it, go rent it. I liked all the adventure and sword-fighting stuff, and I teared up at the end. My kind of movie. The cast was excellent, too. Peter and Wendy were just perfectly cast, and Jason Isaacs was deliciously dastardly as Captain Hook.

Now, in case you didn't know, today is bad poetry day. In honor of this day, I have written the following bad poem. Please feel free to add your own putrid poems in the comments.
Roses are red
Violets are purple,
I like my pancakes
With maple syrple.
Thank you, thank you. No applause, just throw money.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jana! :) We had a lot of fun :)

    I agree - the movie was fantastic! I can't believe I haven't seen it before and that we got to see it for free on the big screen!

    That poem was awful! Good job. ROFL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana! I am so jealous! You got to meet Tee and have a great time!! NO FAIR!
    I actually LIKE your poem, that's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you wearing the wig from yesterday while writing that poem? LOL!

    I thought it was great you two got to meet! You two were the first blogs I ever came across!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I thought I'd just drop by and say hi. Have a nice day, Jana.

    ReplyDelete