Monday, July 31, 2006

Even on my worst day

One of our favorite tv shows is Monk, on USA network. We watched it Friday night, and I laughed so hard that if we didn't have a waterbed frame holding me in, I would have fallen out of bed. I picked up a new line that I plan on using from now on.

In the episode, Monk is temporarily blinded, and when he's called in to ID a suspect, the police want him to feel the guy's face. The guy they've brought in is a transient. And Monk, who has OCD and would never normally touch a regular person, let alone a transient, objects. Strenuously. "Even on my worst days," he says, "I could still say, 'At least I've never felt a transient's face.'"

So from now on, when I oversleep, the kids are running wild, the dog pees on the floor, the last of the milk gets spilled on the floor, and there's another diaper to change, I will say to myself, "At least I've never felt a transient's face."

No comments:

Post a Comment