Wednesday, July 19, 2006

WBW - Home Sweet Home

In part 2 of the assignment, TKW wants to see the interior of the house I grew up in. I have quite a few photos of this. My parents bought the house in the late 60s, so it went through quite a few changes over the years, but here's what I found in my photo albums.

This is our basement, or at least one end of it. Our house was a rancher with a full basement. Part of it was unfinished for many years, but this end, which we called "The Den," was finished for as long as I can remember. Dig that 70s wood paneling!

This is one of the later incarnations of our living room. We had a sunken living room, and I used to use that step on the left as a stage to entertain family and friends. Yes, even at that young age, I was shy and introverted.

This is me sitting at my desk. Next to it is my dresser. Behind me would have been my canopy bed, with a canopy that matched the curtain you see. And look! Nikes! I never knew I was that cool.

Now, while this is a very cute picture of my cousin, the real point of this photo is the wallpaper. That wallpaper was in my room from the time I was little until I was a teenager. If that wallpaper doesn't tell you what decade I grew up in, nothing will. Well, the avocado green appliances would, but my scanner stopped working just as I was about to scan those in. Maybe it got scared to death.

So, did you play?

2 comments:

  1. Same carpet and wood paneling - again!

    How many reds were you wearing in that photo? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW the wallpaper is SCARY!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete