Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WCW - My old house

I'm playing Wild Card Wednesday this week with a picture of the house in which I grew up and lived for 18 years, plus summers until I got married, and even for three months while I was married while Hubby job hunted. My parents sold the house when they decided to RV full-time. Right now they're in Utah rafting down the Colorado River or something while I'm here changing poopy diapers.


Anyway, this is my old house:
The new owners removed most of the landscaping and put in their own stuff. But I didn't recognize the house as we drove through the neighborhood a couple of weeks ago because I was looking for the house with the BIG front yard. Honestly, I looked right past it because it was too close to the road! How could my memory be off by that much? I mean, I lived there as an adult! Weird.

So there you have it. Did you play?

10 comments:

  1. it's weird how our memories of childhood things are slightly off. Just a matter of perception I guess.

    Happy wcw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same perception. I used to love, love, love my parents house and swore I'd buy it if they ever sold it...now I get the heebiejeebies just being there...it's so claustrophobic and dark.

    I do like the yard and trees at your old house though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how perceptions change.

    And your parents - well, that's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - the perception does change. Even as adults. You know we move often and going back to places I have lived just seems odd. Even the ones I loved. Except for Charleston that is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with everyone about perspective... My old house (from before I was 12) is SO UNBELIEVEABLY TINY!!! I had no idea it was THAT small! Looking back on it as an adult, I'm like "HOW THE HECK DID WE ALL LIVE THERE?" lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just smiling... it's so funny (and sometimes heartbreaking) to see things from your childhood and have the magic ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the yard...it does look big

    I played.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess though it was a home for many years, after returning, it just looks like a normal house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Or...maybe when you lived there you saw all the possibilities of the things you could do with the yard and that made it huge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In all honesty that front yard is HUGE, but I know what you mean. When I drove by the house I lived in as a young child, I couldn't believe how close the neighbors house was...the house it seemed like was a mile away as a kid. Strange!
    Gorgeous house BTW!!

    ReplyDelete