Thursday, May 25, 2006

Lost finale - SPOILERS

First of all, hooray Taylor, Soul Patrol, yadda yadda yadda.

I wasn't going to post about the Lost finale, but I just can't help it. Hubby and I stayed up talking about it and I dreamed about it all night as well, so it's the only thing on my mind right now. Stupid ABC. Stupid writers. Arg!!

Of course it was the giant electromagnet that made the plane crash. Anyone else smacking themselves in the forehead for not realizing that sooner? I usually spot these things a mile away and that one took me by surprise.

Naturally, "Henry Gale" is the leader. We suspected as much. But "We're the good guys."?? I don't see how that's possible. And if they're the good guys, who are the bad guys?

Okay, here's the theory Hubby and I came up with last night. Widmore was mad when Desmond wouldn't take his money to leave his daughter alone. So he had Des followed until he found out that he wanted to run this sailing race. Then he hired Libby (who was never really married) to put on a bad red wig and give him a boat. He made sure the path of the race would take Des near the island during monsoon season. The rest of the racers, meanwhile, were given a completely different path to follow to keep them out of harm's way. Widmore knows all about the island because he was integral in setting up the Dharma initiative. Sure enough, there's a storm and Des is stranded. Widmore knows that even if he gets away from the island (unlikely, since no one who has been sent there for the Dharma project has ever returned), his daughter will have long since gotten married and will have given up on him. End of problem.

However, Widmore didn't plan on his daughter using her own extensive cash reserves to try to find Des. She has hired these two guys in the Snow Station to monitor for unusual electromagnetic activity anywhere in the world, because she's good at snooping around and knows about Dharma as well. Now, she's been alerted that they have found "it."

That's our theory. I'm sure half of it will be disproved in the first episode of Season 3, but it's fun to speculate.

My only other burning question is why in the world did that bird say "Hurley?"

1 comment:

  1. I watched that bird fly over about 6 times on my TiVo, and I never heard anything remotely like it was saying Hurley's name. But then, I didn't see anything in the black smoke, either. :)

    I think your theory is pretty good. But I still don't know why, if the Others can get walt & michael of the island, why they wouldn't all go.

    and why did the three men only take off their shirts to jump in and get the boat? Wet pants are ok, but wet shirts arent? :)

    ReplyDelete