Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A memorable Memorial Day

I was sitting on a lawn chair last evening, watching Hubby and his brother building our deck. It was a hot evening, after a day where the temperature hit 90 degrees. My sister-in-law and I had been working in the garden, and I was hot and sweaty. I watched my other brother-in-law building a little fire to make s'mores. He asked my oldest son to bring a bucket of water for putting out the fire later. He quickly ran down to the outdoor faucet and filled a bucket. Then he brought it back to where we were all sitting.

I looked at the cool, clear water in the bucket and thought about how miserably hot and sticky I felt. "Go get another one to dump over my head," I joked.

He obediently ran off to fetch another pail of water. When he returned, I told him I was just kidding. He looked disappointed and set the bucket down. But apparently the tempation was too great for him. A few minutes later, the whole bucket got poured down my back and over my shoulders! I went running after him and gave him a nice big, wet hug! We were all laughing. Then he poured water over himself and we all laughed some more. What a goofy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment