Wednesday, May 24, 2006

WBW - History!

This week (which I mistakenly thought was two weeks ago), The Kept Woman wants to see pictures of us in front of historical monuments or locations of some sort. And while I have been all over this country and had my picture taken in front of any number of historical sites, I don't seem to be in posession of those photos. What I do have are pictures from my semester in London, where my roommate was kind enough to snap a few shots of me in front of some very interesting history.

This is me at the Roman baths in Bath, England. Very old, very historical. Very steamy. That thing under my arm is a video camera. Would you believe I lugged that thing all over the British Isles? Got some great video, though. It was worth every little back pain.


Here is the obligatory shot of me in front of Stonehenge. Notice the rope barrier to keep pesky people like the Griswalds away. And there's that camera again, this time perching on my shoulder like a large, mutant parrot.

Finally, a picture without the video camera! It may look like I am posing atop a hill in ancient Greece, but actually this is a hill overlooking Edinburgh, Scotland. Years back, someone had the bright idea of building a replica of the Parthenon up there. They got as far as what you see here, then they ran out of money. The monument is now known as Edinburgh's Disgrace. And if it looks like I'm wearing the same outfit in all three pictures, well, I probably am. I only took seven changes of clothes with me for the three and a half month semester. And I wore that coat all but two days we were there because it was so flippin' cold all the time.

And that's all for History with Jana. Come back next time when I explain why we refer to prisons as "the clink," and exactly why all those people near Loch Ness think they saw a monster.

Did you play?

1 comment:

  1. Tutu - yeah, I know, and I wore that coat every day we were there except for two!

    ReplyDelete