Monday, May 22, 2006

My weekend

We had a nice weekend. Friday night my parents brought pizza, which was so nice! No cooking, yay! Then I sat up with my laptop adding all the Blogging Chicks to my Bloglines feed so I won't have to click through to each one separately. There are over a hundred now, you know! While I did that, Hubby cruised Ebay looking for a lawn mower.

Saturday morning, he found one ending that day located in Charlestown, WV. He researched the type of tractor a little bit, told me about it, and we both agreed he should bid on it. In between pulling weeds out front, he kept checking on the auction until finally, at the last possible second, he bid. He was the only bidder and we got it! Hooray! So we left the kids with my parents and rode down to Charlestown to pick up the mower.

Well, the guy selling it thought the best way to get in on our truck (we had removed the tailgate) was to drive it up the two boards we'd brought as a ramp. So Hubby climbed on and started driving. Unfortunately, friction was being a pain and one of the boards spun out from under the left side and fell, taking Hubby and the mower with it! Fortunately, he landed upright and the mower still seems to work properly. Anyway, they then decided that I should drive it up the ramp while the two of them pushed. I was a bit nervous (okay, so I was on the verge of freaking out), but we did eventually manage to get it on the truck. So now, our lawn is finally cut! Only time will tell if this will have any effect on the tick population.

Saturday night I took an Imitrex for a migraine. Sunday morning it was gone. But by Sunday noon I had to take a second Imitrex. I zonked out until around 3:30. Then I felt a lot better and it was time for Isaac's birthday party. We had my parents and the little girl from next door come over for cake and to open presents. He was thrilled to get a bunch of GeoTrax sets and immediately opened them and played for the rest of the evening.

Today I am debating whether or not to take another Imitrex. It is one of those migraines that just doesn't want to go away. If it's still here at noon, I probably will. Ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Imitrex to the rescue.......don't know what I'd do without it sometimes! I hate three day migraines - mine have been better lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope your migraine goes away. i never take anything for mine 'coz, well, i already take too much medication for my allergies and asthma. i just wait for my migraines to pass.

    anyways, hope you feel better.;)

    ReplyDelete