Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ow. Pain. Ouch.

We are still in full-on cleaning mode around here. I spent all weekend cleaning the house and it's still not done. The floors need to be scrubbed again, the bathrooms cleaned, and lots of general straightening must be done.

I would have done more today, but Hubby went out to mow the lawn and the riding mower died. So he gave me a choice of weedeater or push mower. I chose push mower. I had already done around a bunch of trees and it wasn't so bad. However, I wasn't taking into account the fact that push mowing around a few trees is nothing compared to push mowing an acre of lawn.

I am typing this on Monday night because I'm afraid if I wait until morning I will not be able to. I am relatively certain I will be so sore when I wake up that I may not be able to get out of bed. I have blisters threatening to turn ugly on both my hands and my feet. Every inch of my body is reminding me just how pitifully out of shape I am.

In the morning, my sister-in-law (who's been here over the weekend) is going to help me do some work on our garden, or maybe she'll be working while I'm teaching. Then I'm going to have to get the rest of the cleaning done. My parents and grandmother will probably pull in sometime tomorrow evening. Once they're here, I can rest. But in the meantime, I'm going to be busy.

That is, assuming I can move in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment