Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Don't watch mysteries with us

Hubby and I should be detectives. Or at least that's the way it seems when we're watching a mystery on tv, or reading a mystery novel. For example, I recently read a "mystery" which was over 300 pages long. I read it out loud to hubby and we discussed it as I read. By page 92, I knew exactly who the killer was and what his motive had been. And I was right. We've been watching the first season of 24 on DVD, and so far we've called every "surprise" before it happened. I can't do it alone, and neither can he. We have to do it as a team.

And I have to say, this is one of our favorite things to do together. When we were dating, eons ago, we used to play computer games together, where you had to solve a series of problems in order to win the game. We had a lot of fun. We like watching shows like Monk and Law & Order and solving the mystery before the detectives. If you like surprises, you shouldn't watch mysteries with us because we will sit there and pause the show and discuss it until we figure it out.

Now if real life were like television, we'd be set. We'd go out there and find the bad guys every time. Unless of course they were like Agatha Christie. She keeps stumping us. So come on, give us all the evidence, let us interview the witnesses and examine the crime scene. With some clever writing, we will figure it out.

(Theme music swells. Fade to black.)

3 comments:

  1. I have a mystery for you...
    where does all the money go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love a good "Who done it".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third time I have tried to comment. I keep losing the page.

    Anywho -- I believe I could write the soaps because I'm good at guess what's going to happen next and I'm usually right. you and your husband keep up the good interactions together.

    ReplyDelete