Friday, July 22, 2005

Technology is your friend

Yesterday, for about the third time this week, our computer was acting up. Actually, it was our router. We need a new one, but hubby will not buy one until he can find it on sale for $20 or less. So periodically our internet access just disappears. And it always amazes me how much I miss it when it's gone. Not that I sit around wondering what to do, but I do wish I could hop on here and check my email at least!

Technology can be frustrating. I am glad I married someone who is willing to learn what he needs to learn in order to fix things himself. The only time we ever send anything for repairs is if it's still under warranty. There are times when I think we'd all be better off if we went back to paper calendars and film cameras. Then I quickly come to my senses. Maybe it's my dad's influence, but technology is cool!

Next on my wish list? Nuvo the robot. I'm still not entirely sure what it does, but it's cool. It respond to voice commands, remote control, and you can even control it through your cell phone. Dad showed me a video of it the other day. All it did in the video was flip over a couple of times and then wave it's arms in a "Danger, Will Robinson!" sort of way. I hear tell it's supposed to clean your house for you. It comes in a variety of designer colors. You can even get a gold-plated one. They're taking orders now, but only 100 will be shipped outside of Japan, so get your $6000 ready and log on today!

In the meantime, if I disappear for a day or two, you know it's the stupid router. I just have to keep repeating, "Technology is my friend. Technology is my friend. Technology is my friend..."

1 comment:

  1. My luck the robot would attack me while I was sleeping. LOL!

    ReplyDelete