Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Frustrated!!

I had one of those great cleaning days yesterday. You know the kind, when you get everything picked up off the floors and the countertops. You sweep, you vacuum, you scrub. The table gets a fresh table cloth. The bathroom rugs get washed. There is peace and order.

Unfortunately for the cleanliness of my house, I have four boys and a dog. After dinner (during which the fresh table cloth got decidedly not-so-fresh), I sent the dog outside with the bone from the roast. When she returned, she reeked. Not just a little odor, a full-blown stench. So we took everyone outside. I told the boys to get in the pool while daddy and I washed the dog. There were cheers of joy. They jumped in. I set the baby down in the grass, which he loves.

After a few minutes, Joshua jumped out of the pool and ran in to the bathroom. He was, of course, dripping wet. Hubby and I continued in our mission to rid the dog of her stench. We scrubbed her down with LOC, then used the kids' watermelon shampoo. Finally, we let her go to run around the yard and shake.

I picked up the baby to take him in for a bath. On the way to the bathroom, I saw the trail of water Joshua had left. Then I got to the bathroom. There on the nice clean rug was, well, poop. "I didn't make it in time," Joshua said. Oh, really?

So, I put the baby in the tub, and then directed my older son on cleaning up his mess. Hubby took the bath rugs downstairs for their second wash of the day. And somewhere along the way, the dog came inside, still wet.

I'm just a little frustrated.

6 comments:

  1. You poor thing!! Hope today is better for you! If it's any consolation, I've had TWO piles of poop on the floor this morning (in the midst of toilet training)
    I got your request...give me a few days to compose the interview questions okay!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandy! I guess there's always somebody who literally has to go through more poo than I do, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, dear... poor you! i would have yelled my lungs out! LOL!!! well, just think of this, when your boys are all grown up, you don't have to lift a finger! ehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, that is super frustrating and exactly that way real life in motherhood is. Like I said, they just don't tell you this stuff beforehand.. LOL

    And why exactly do these boys "not make it in time"..

    Those day when you just tear everything up and clean...only to turn around and realize it doesn't seem to matter... ACK.

    I was lol because I've btdt, but I know it's not funny at the time.

    What did the dog stink of btw? Just sweaty, hot, stinky dog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Forgive me for laughing and thinking "It's not me this time!" lol

    My son was having nosebleeds one week. I had instructed him (again) that if he started bleeding to run into the kitchen and call me. That way he could bleed on the vinyl floor instead of the carpet. Well, sure enough he got another. Joy to behold! He ran right for the kitchen! I was elated...until he turned around, leaned OUT of the kitchen and bled all over the dang carpet again! Oh well, one step closer to new flooring right?

    I try to remember that they won't be this way for long. Already my oldest is 11 and growing parts I don't really want to talk about. They'll be gone way to soon. Ok, now I have to go hug them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa - we don't know what the dog smelled of, but we don't ever want to smell it again!

    Fran - I know - they're growing up fast! My oldest will be 9 on the 23rd! Have fun picking out your new floor eventually!

    ReplyDelete