Monday, July 25, 2005

Welcome to my boring life

I came to the realization yesterday that my life is not very exciting right now. Don't get me wrong; I am not complaining. I am thrilled, actually. I have had way too much excitement in the last few years. But I was thinking about how much I would have loved to have this outlet for my frustrations when things were going not-so-good. I'm sure it would have made for more exciting reading, too.

For instance, last year we bought a house and sold a house, moved, got pregnant and had a baby. Lots of excitement there. The year before, we had two deadbeat tenants, we were harassed by our neighbors because we owned dogs and they didn't like dogs, I had to go to court three different times because of these things, we started and then sold a business, I went to Cuba on a missions trip, and we went on a cruise. Again, an excitement-filled year. I could have come on here and written scathing comments about all the people who did me wrong and it would have made me feel SO much better. I think all my family and friends got sick of hearing it.

But I have to say I am really glad there is no drama this year. There are no big events, either good or bad. There is just the contentedness of a life lived well. I love my husband like crazy, I'm enjoying my kids, we actually have fruit and veggies to harvest this year. I am learning not to dwell on the things that get me down. I am learning to lower my expectations of myself in certain areas (will the world end if the floor isn't swept? No) so I don't stress out. I feel really good.

Which is not to say I won't come on here and rant, because I will. And if the pattern of every three years being awful holds true, 2006 will probably be a busy blogging year for me as well. I will continue to trust the Lord; He's never let me down. Have a blesssed day!

7 comments:

  1. I agree, sometimes boring is way better than the alternative! We've witnessed this recently...

    I'm DYING to hear more about your kiss from Scotty! :-X Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey another mom with 4 kids! Sounds like you are having a great year! Good luck with your veggies and such. Home grown is always the best!

    take care,
    Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, I like those hazy crazy days of life much better than the storms of life.
    Take care and May God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! I know exactly what you mean. It's like that for me, too. Only the other way around. Things were terrible, then quite boring for a while and now they are simply exciting. I think our mind needs these boring times to recuperate and be ready for the turmoils again. And yet I think it's the terrible and wonderful times that make a life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Jana - I know what you mean. Sometimes I wish I would have started blogging early than I did... but I'm glad atleast I do now. When something bad happens atleast now I can say, "Well, that's some good blogging material." LOL.

    I'd still love to hear about the missions trip to Cuba. Maybe you can do a "On this day in the year of ______" post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another Louisiana blogger! After being on the net for 10 years and only finding Louisiana people once in a blue moon, I really feel blessed this day!

    I'm jealous of your harvest. We had one lonely pepper, pretty, but lonely. Rain storm flattend the tomatoe plants and the blooms fell off. However, happily, I go to church with lots of farmers and we have a freezer full of corn etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen - I left a comment on your site about Scotty ;)

    Stacie - yes, I am loving the home-grown veggies and fruits!

    MilMom - thanks! I'm keeping Dan in my prayers

    Elli - thanks for stopping by!

    Tee - I will definitely do some posts about Cuba in the future. It was a life-changing experience.

    Gina - Um, I don't live in LA anymore. But, I am always happy to talk to people about when I did since I still miss many things about it.

    ReplyDelete